TAGBILARAN CITY – Barangay Ubujan contingent became a hall of famer when it grabbed the grand prize in the street dancing competition during the 4th Saulog Tagbilaran 2016 and annual feast day in honor of St. Joseph, the Worker on May 1, 2016.
It grabbed the grand prize in mardi gras competition in 2015 and 2014.
Brgy. chairperson Jane Ruiz received from City Mayor John Geesnell Yap II and other officials the cash prize of Php150,000 and trophy.
Completing the top five of the 16 contingents were: barangay Tiptip, first runner-up with Php100,000; barangay San Isidro, 2nd RU (Php80,000); barangay Taloto, 3rd RU (Php50,000); and barangay Cogon, 4th RU (Php20,000).
Barangay Ubujan also harvested three other minor prizes: Best in Streetdance; Best in Choregraphy; and Best in Costume; and Best in Field Performer with Php5,000 each category. Barangay Tiptip also got the Best in Musicality and Best in Production Number with similar amount of prize.
Mayor Yap thanked all the barangay officials and the street dancers for their cooperation and hard work to make the Saulog 2016 successful. (rvo)
- KEEP WATCH OF OUR SHORES
- THE STRIKER
- TAKE CARE EVERYONE
- A ragtag army
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND