UBAY.- Elements of the local police station conducted an operation against illegal gambling particularly on illegal cockfighting, locally known as “tigbakay” last Saturday noon in Purok-7, Brgy. Tubog this town.
The operation led to the arrest of one Baltazar Autor y Cleopas, 30 years old, married and a resident of Purok-2, Brgy. Camalian.
The suspect directly took part in the said illegal activity and was caught inside the cockpit arena fenced with cyclone handed with a gaffed fighting cock (talisayon) prior to the commence order of said illegal cockfighting.
While the rest of the involved persons fled to unknown directions as they take cognizance of the operating team.
Arrested suspect was apprised of his constitutional rights and anti-torture rights in the dialect best understood by him. He was then brought to Ubay police station together with the one gaffed fighting cock for proper disposition.
- KEEP WATCH OF OUR SHORES
- THE STRIKER
- TAKE CARE EVERYONE
- A ragtag army
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND