TAGBILARAN CITY. – The athletes who will compose the Bohol delegation to the Central Visayas Regional Athletic Association (CVRAA) meet in Cebu next week are now being warmed up.
This was according to Dr. Wilfreda Bongalos, superintendent of the Bohol division office of the Department of Educastion (DepEd) in an interview with the BOHOL NEWS TODAY yesterday.
The CVRAA meet is set on Feb. 24 to March 1 in Balamban, Cebu.
Bongalos said Bohol athletes had started their training and preparation last Wednesday. The warm up will be completed on Friday next week.
The schools division superintendent in Bohol said she is hopeful that the athletes could bring home more medals compared to last year’s athletic meet considering that there were fewer athletes who joined the Bohol delegation due to the magnitude 7.2 earthquake which hit the province.
Bongalos said the Bohol delegation this year will be composed of 720 participants which include coaches and chaperons. They will leave for Cebu on Feb. 14.
The DepEd official revealed that the athletes will be participating in almost all events of the athletic meet. (with reports from Ye D. Bantugan)
- KEEP WATCH OF OUR SHORES
- THE STRIKER
- TAKE CARE EVERYONE
- A ragtag army
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND