TAGBILARAN CITY.- For the 4,066 vote counting machines in Central Visayas, 3,543 are already in Cebu while the remaining 523 is still to arrive this week.
The VCMs which are in the warehouse of 2GO were examined yesterday by COMELEC and the PRO7. These machines are for Bohol, Cebu and Siquijor.
These will all be distributed in May and if possible, early distribution for mountain barangays according to COMELEC Regional Director Jose Nick Mendros.
Then, they will conduct the final testing to make sure that it would be delivered properly to polling precincts.
Mendros clarified that the VCMs cannot be interchanged since it has already been designated to respective polling precincts.
He also said that the ballot boxes are already completed and other peripherals like batteries.
The said ballot boxes will go straight to the city and municipal treasurer who will received it last Monday and tight security will be implemented by COMELEC, PNP and 2GO.
According to 2GO operations chief, Roy Quidlat, they have employed extra security to guard their warehouse.
- KEEP WATCH OF OUR SHORES
- THE STRIKER
- TAKE CARE EVERYONE
- A ragtag army
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND