The Philippines and Japan through the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL), the Japan Patent Office (JPO) and the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) held a bilateral meeting on February 9-10 this year.
The bilateral meeting discussed the work program to be undertaken by IPOPHL and JPO under the Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) covering IP cooperation signed in May 2015.
The work program allows an exchange of knowledge and training schemes between the two IP offices aimed to further enhance the capacity of patent examiners, speed up the examination process, and improve the quality of examination.
The crafting of the IPOPHL-JPO Work Program for 2016-2017 was positively concluded among the three parties.
IPOPHL is an attached agency of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). The agency is a knowledge-driven government organization that works towards economic, technological, and socio-cultural development by communicating, enabling, and ensuring the effective use of the Intellectual Property System in all levels of society for the creation, protection, utilization, and enforcement of Intellectual Property
For more information on the services of the DTI, log-on to http://www.dti.gov.ph
- KEEP WATCH OF OUR SHORES
- THE STRIKER
- TAKE CARE EVERYONE
- A ragtag army
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND